As the first and only Welsh actress, She clinched Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress as Velma Kelly Chicago (2002). She was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 2010. She is married to Michael Douglas, an American actor. She is beauty queen Catherine Zeta-Jones with Oscar-winning experience and mindblowing performance many other interesting facts.
This article will discuss an overview of Catherine Zeta-Jones’s facts.
Catherine Zeta-Jones facts
Here are some Catherine Zeta-Jones facts for you:
Zeta-Jones was born on Thursday 25 September 1969 at Swansea, United Kingdom
Her father is David James Jones
Her mother is Patricia Fair
His father was the owner of a sweet factory, and a Welsh; while her mother was a seamstress and an Irish Catholic
The height of Zeta-Jones is 1.7 m
4. Marriage Life
She married Michael Douglas, an American actor in 2000
She has two children, Carys Zeta Douglas (daughter), and Dylan Michael Douglas (son)
6. Happy birthday!
She and her spouse have the same birthday, both on 25 September, though of different years, Douglas in 1944, and Zeta-Jones in 1969. She is 25 years younger than his husband.
7. Grandmothers’ names
Her name was taken from her grandmother’s name, Zeta-Jones and Catherine Fair.
8. Childhood dream
Since childhood, Zeta-Jones was yearning for being an actress.
She played many child roles in the West End productions of the musicals such as Annie and Bugsy Malone during her childhood.
9. A hyperactive kid
Zeta-Jones was a hyperactive child, with her versatile enthusiasm and spirit in the area of Arts, music, Acting, and Dance.
Her mother admitted her to the Hazel Johnson School of Dance when Zeta was only four years old.
10. A bingo of £100,000
Zeta was continuing her educated at a private school in Swansea, the Dumbarton House School.
Initially, Zeta’s parents had a modest financial ability, but the situation jumped when they won £100,000 in a bingo competition.
It made it easy for the family to sendZeta-Jones for professional dance and ballet lessons.
11. Screen Debut
The screen debut of Zeta-Jones appeared in the unsuccessful French-Italian film 1001 Nights in the year 1990. However, it was not successful and memorable.
She likes to eat smoked salmon sandwiches on brown bread with pie potato chips. She also loves Cadbury’s chocolate from Britain and apple after a meal, lots of grains and fruits.
13. Career Boom
The 1998 movie “The Mask of Zorro” movie, with Antonio Banderas, a Steven Spielberg’s production company, was the turning point of her career, as after the success of the movie Zeta-Jones received many leading role offers.
14. Ask Men
Zeta-Jones was listed as many as 3 times by one of the “most desirable” women by Ask men.com. The ranks were also caused jealousy for her competitor actresses: #57 in 2002, #5 in 2001, and #36 in 2003.
15. Dance champion
Zeta clinched a national tap-dancing championship at her teen
16. A Drop out student
At her age of 15, Zeta-Jones set her goal to pursue a full-time acting career in London and therefore dropped out of school in the middle without obtaining O-levels
17. Education in music
Zeta-Jones has a passion for music since childhood. In order to equip herself with knowledge and learning about music, she studied at the Hansel Johnson School of Dance and the Dumbarton House School in Swansea.
After that, she took his musical theater course from Chiswick’s Arts Educational Schools, London.
Catherine Zeta-Jones alone has a net worth and salary worth $150 million dollars.
19. Nothing could stop her
She was admitted to Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, Connecticut at 28, with Bipolar II disorder, manic depression.
However, after a long more than 5 years of successive medication, she was cured.
She loves to play golf at least twice a week at the golf course next door to his home in Bermuda. She also has some winning titles in the bag.
She was a member of the winning European team of the “All-Star Cup” celebrity edition of the Ryder Cup in golf. Interestingly her husband was on the losing American team.
21. An American? Spanish? English?
People have confused about whether Catherine Zeta-Jones is Spanish or not. Although Catherine Zeta-Jones is an American name, you will also find many Spanish people named Catherine. However, Zeta-Jones is not an American, or Spanish, She is from Wales, England.
22. Valuable marriage
Her marriage to Michael Douglas, which cost about $ 1.5 million, is considered the most expensive wedding of all time.
This enchanting high-voltage wedding took place in the gorgeous Plaza Hotel in New York City, this is one of the interesting Catherine Zeta-Jones facts.
Zeta Zones has a good contribution to charity, such as
- patron of Swansea’s Longfields Day Centre for the disabled
- she auctioned an outfit she wore in The Mask of Zorro to raise funds for AIDS patients in Africa.
- ambassador of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children charity
- launched the Full Stop appeal in Wales to raise awareness on child abuse.
- International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children
- Noah’s Ark Appeal
- founding host for A Fine Romance
- one of the members of the Cinema for Peace Foundation.
Her widely reported relationship was with television personality John Leslie, singer David Essex, pop star Mick Hucknall, as well as Scottish actor Angus Macfadyen. Zeta described her lifestyle: “I drink, I swear, I like sex”, in an interview with the Daily Mirror (1995)
25. “Most Beautiful People”
Zeta-Jones’s beauty and sex appeal are lavishly praised and featured in many popular media, Esquire, People, QVC, Ask Men, etc.
26. Rewards earned
During her lifetime she has won many Oscar awards, the BFTA Award, the Blockbuster Entertainment Award, the Broadcast Film Critics Association Award, the INOCA Award, British Academy Film Award, Academy Award and, Tony Award, and still there are more chances!
27. Zero tolerance with crime
It was a bad experience in 2004 when a stalker Dawnette Knight, was sending letters with graphic threats on Catherine’s life.
However, the couple was not at a loss and lodge legal action against the crime.
28. A good number of films
According to a google search, the number of Zeta-Jones’ films is at least 32
29. Selected filmography
As of 2016, the following is a list of Zeta-Jones’s films that have earned the most at the box office, but not limited to:
- The Mask of Zorro (1998)
- Entrapment (1999)
- The Haunting (1999)
- Traffic (2000)
- America’s Sweethearts (2001)
- Chicago (2002)
- Intolerable Cruelty (2003)
- Ocean’s Twelve (2004)
- The Terminal (2004)
- No Reservations (2007)
- Red 2 (2013)
30. Catherine Zeta-Jones Quotes
I came out of the womb wearing make-up!
Being glamorous is about strength and confidence. It’s black and white – dramatic. You have to be strong.
There is no need to suffer silently and there is no shame in seeking help.
More Interesting Articles
- 5 Valuable Life Lessons to Remember from Great Persons
- 6 Inspirational Life Lessons to Remember for a Better life
- 8 Great Life Lessons from Alexander the Great Famous Quotes
- 5 Realistic Inspiration for Living from Successful Leaders
- 7 Realistic Life Lessons from Quotes by Franklin D Roosevelt
- 5 Motivational Tips for Journey to Life from Great People
- 6 Life Lessons for Inspiration in Tough Times from Great People
- 7 Important Life Lessons from Legends to Remember
- 7 Never Forgettable Life Lessons Learned the Hard Way
- 38 Roy Fox Lichtenstein Pop Artist Interesting Fun Facts
- 22 Henry Hudson American Explorer Interesting Fun Facts
- 36 Henry Ford Entrepreneur Interesting Fun Facts
- 10 Greatest Military Commanders of All Time Interesting Facts
- 40 Interesting Fun Facts about Egyptian Queen Cleopatra
- 30 Surprising Mary Queen of Scots Interesting Fun Facts
- 38 Maya Angelou Activist Writer Interesting Fun Facts
- 26 Adam Smith Father of Economics Interesting Fun Facts
- 29 Philosopher Rene Descartes Interesting Fun Facts
- 10 Fun Interesting Facts about Aristotle Greek Scientist
- 10 Interesting Fun Facts about Archimedes Greek Mathematician