Joe Biden is the 46th president of the US from the Democratic Party. Preceded by Dick Cheney, and succeeded by Mike Pence, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., or Joe Biden served as the 47th vice president of the United States with President Barack Obama from 2009 to 2017. Popular American politician, Joe Biden belongs to the members of the Democratic Party, with many interesting, crucial, and fun facts.
He was the Democratic presidential nominee against Donald Trump, for the 2020 election and conceded victory over Trump.
During his dynamic career, Joe Biden has created several fun facts one should know about. In this article, I am going to talk about some of Joe Biden’s fun facts.
Joe Biden fun facts
1. He has been in his third attempt for the White House, and become the oldest person as elected president.
2. Born on November 20, 1942, Joe was raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania, and New Castle County, Delaware.
3. His birth name is Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
4. Name of his parents are Joseph Robinette Biden Sr., car salesman; and Catherine Eugenia (Finnegan), Biden
5. Joe Biden was elected to the U.S. Senate from Delaware in 1972, which turned him as the sixth-youngest senator in American history.
6. After dropping his presidential candidacy, Joe Biden was positioned as Barack Obama’s Vice Presidential Candidate in 2008.
7. Joe Biden is a Roman Catholic believer.
7. He is one of the most experienced US politicians whose career is not going to end soon as he is going to move on with the upcoming 2020 US Elections, with his more than 50 years of a political career.
8. Joe Biden turned down the opportunity to run for president in the year 2016
9. He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom as well as the Congressional Patriot Award in 2017.
10. Joe Biden is married for the second time in his life, after the death of the first wife.
11. Biden was accused of plagiarizing a law review article in his course and had to retake because of failing during his first year at Syracuse.
12. In the Obama Administration Joe Biden played a devil’s advocate role.
13. Joe Biden had two brain surgeries during his past life
14. His nickname is Amtrak Joe
15. Joe Biden had to swear his first oath as a US Senator while he was in a hospital.
16. Joe Biden is counted as the longest-serving Senator of Delaware.
17. Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is treated as one of his achievements.
18. Joe Biden was for the Iraq War.
19. Joe Biden was about to be assassinated in 2015.
20. Joe Biden opposed Republican attempts to repeal Obamacare.
21. Joe Biden showed his courage to condemn US President Trump for withdrawing from the Paris Agreement
22. Joe Biden stood against the Trump Administration’s stance on immigration issues.
23. Joe Biden was accused of corrupt involvement in Ukraine in 2020 by US President Trump.
24. In 1968, Joe Biden graduated with a Law degree from Syracuse University.
25. He started his political career in 1970, as a member of the New Castle County Council.
26. Spouses: Second, Jill (Jacobs) Biden (June 17, 1977-present); First, Neilia (Hunter) Biden (August 27, 1966-December 18, 1972, her death)
27. Children with Jill Biden: Ashley; with Neilia Biden: Naomi Christina, Robert Hunter, Joseph Robinette “Beau” III
28. Joe Biden pursued his education from the University of Delaware, B.A., 1965; Syracuse University Law School, J.D., 1968
29. Joe Biden had a stuttering problem during childhood.
30. Joe Biden did advocacy for Delaware military installations, as well as Dover Air Force Base and New Castle Air National Guard Base in the past.
31. Biden’s first wife, Neilia Hunter Biden, as well as daughter, Naomi Biden, were killed in a car accident While Christmas shopping in 1972, just 7 days after the presidential election.
32. He has 2 memoirs published, one is “Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics”, the other, “Promise Me Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose”
33. In 2015, Biden’s eldest son, Beau Biden, had passed away from brain cancer at the age of 46.
34. In 2017, he has been the Benjamin Franklin presidential practice professor at the University of Pennsylvania.
35. He won for the first time in the senate in 1972, and re-elected six more Senate terms, in 1978, 1984, 1990, 1996, 2002, and 2008. He was popular and won 60% of the vote.
36. Biden was consistently ranked one of the least wealthy members of the Senate, with no outside income or investment income, as well as a net worth between $59,000 and $366,000.
37. During his first appearance on Capitol Hill since Trump’s inauguration in 2017, Biden called the Republican healthcare bill a “tax bill” that denotes to transfer nearly $1 trillion to be used for health benefits for those who are struggling to become wealthy Americans.
38. Being the 2020 presidential candidate, Joe Biden began started the campaign on April 25, 2019.
39. Joe Biden supports regulation as opposed to a total ban on fracking.
40. Biden is the first former vice president who has been nominated for president since Walter Mondale in 1984
41. The slogan for Baiden for Presidential campaign 2020 was
“Restore The Soul of America
Our best days still lie ahead
This is America
We are America, second to none
Anything is possible
Build Back Better
Unite for a Better America”
42. Joe Baiden has an affiliation with Democratic Party
43. For the 2020 campaign, Biden came in 4th place, with earning six pledged delegates during the Iowa caucuses held on February 3, 2020.
44. Since the 11th Democratic presidential debate for campaign 2020, Biden declared 2 fresh progressive mandates: to make public colleges and universities tuition-free for students whose families have an income less than $125,000, as well as allowing for student loan debts in order to default during bankruptcy.
45. Together, we will beat Donald Trump” says his website donation page as a part of the 2020 Presidential campaign
46. Top 3 national polls circulated during August 13–17 demonstrated Biden is clearly ahead of Trump in the poll: Fox News (Trump 49% to 42%) NBC/Wall Street Journal (50% to 41%) and Washington Post/ABC News (53% to 41%)
47. In all his voting results, Joe Baiden has the lowest percentage of vote 35% in 2008 as US Senator. The highest percentage of his voting is 49% in 1972 as the US Senator
48. Biden had decided not to run for the presidential election in 1992 in part since he had voted against the resolution authorizing the Gulf War.
49. Ruth Ann Minner, Delaware’s Democratic governor, announced in 2008 that she would appoint Biden’s longtime senior adviser Ted Kaufman so that Biden would succeed in the Senate.
50. The first writing of Baiden “Hague Convention On International Child Abduction: Applicable Law And Institutional Framework Within Certain Convention Countries Report To The Senate.” was published on April 1, 2000.
51. He is pro-LGBTQ
I hope these Joe Biden Fun Facts were really interesting to you!
More Interesting Articles
- 18 Fun Facts about Pocahontas – Colonial Settlement Leader
- 19 King Mansa Musa Facts – The Richest Man Ever from Mali
- The 10 Great Leaders of the French Revolution
- 11 Ares God of War in Greek Mythology Interesting Facts
- 11 Kratos Greek Mythology God of War and Power Facts
- 10 Thoth Egyptian God with Ibis Head Interesting Facts
- 23 Robert Frost Interesting Facts – Bio | Achievements | Works
- 21 Hercules Greek God Facts – Profile | Achievements | Labors
- 10 Top Romantic Era Poets – Bio | Works | Facts | Contributions
- 27 Martin Luther King JR – Biography | Interesting Fun Facts
- 10 Great Russian Novelists – Bio | Works | Contributions | Facts
- 24 Interesting Facts about Julius Caesar – Biography | Contributions
- 26 John F. Kennedy JFK – Biography – Fun, Interesting Facts
- 42 Marilyn Monroe – Bio | Interesting Fun Facts | Contributions
- 10 Life Lessons From Nelson Mandela Motivational Quotes
- 10 Life Lessons from Famous Quotes of Mahatma Gandhi
- 10 Practical Life Lessons from Famous Dr Seuss Quotes
- 29 Anna Lappé Interesting Profile and Biography Facts
- 19 Danielle J Nierenberg – Interesting Profile Biography Facts
- 25 Mary Beth Kelly – Interesting Biography Facts